top of page
  • Writer's pictureACO Insurance

Pay Closer Attention To Your Condo Homeowners Insurance (HO-6)

This regularly scheduled sponsored Q&A column is written by Eli Tucker, Arlington-based Realtor and Arlington resident. Please submit your questions to him via email for response in future columns. Video summaries of some articles can be found on YouTube on the Ask Eli, Live With Jean playlist. Enjoy!

Question: What is the difference between my individual condo insurance and the Association’s master insurance policy and do I need my own insurance?

Answer: Every condo association has its own (expensive) Master Insurance policy to cover the common elements and limited common elements, but there are substantial gaps between the association’s policy and what you’re personally liable for without an individual HO-6 policy. Most people shop for the cheapest, fastest individual insurance policy and apply just enough coverage to meet the lender’s requirements, but that may put you at financial risk.

Read the full article by visiting

Recent Posts

See All

2024 P&C Market Outlook

Insurance experts often examine how outside trends, reforms and movements in the larger economy affect the insurance marketplace, and businesses should follow suit to determine what factors may impact


bottom of page